flying to PSP
Like the majority of the tech industry, design suffers from a lack of inclusive and diverse organizations. Research shows how bias results in discrimination in educating, hiring, promoting, paying, and funding underrepresented people in tech. However, research shows that diversity increases success. Despite all this information, we have yet to see significant improvement in diversity numbers. The goal of the Within Scholarship is to increase inclusion in design by providing educational opportunities more broadly.
The Within scholarship will cover the cost of the registration fee ($3200) and up to $500 towards travel, if necessary.
We’re looking for:
- creatives with unique perspectives on the industry
- people who see the power of technology in improving peoples' lives
- natural leaders who have collaborative, entrepreneurial spirits
- curious and hungry learners
- people who aren’t afraid to pursue their dreams in the face of adversity
Applicants should identify with an underrepresented and/or marginalized group working in design and technology.
To apply for the diversity scholarship, complete the application below. Please note that all information will be kept strictly confidential and used for scholarship selection only. All applications must be submitted by January 26, 2018.
Two scholarship winners will be notified by email by February 1, 2018.